The students of the British School Group take external official exams at the end of each Key Stage. These exams are the most prestigious in Europe, since they are prepared and corrected by the prestigious Cambridge and Edexcel Examination Boards. For this reason, we offer a continuous academic evaluation for a personalised follow-up of our students.
- Students join the Centre mostly in Pre-Nursery. The initial levels in the Early Childhood Education stage (Early Years) are crucial to achieve a good command, both in speaking and understanding, of the English language.
- Students take official exams at the end of Year 6 (Key Stage 2) and Year 9 (Key Stage 3). Thus, the academic level of the students of a British school in Spain can be compared with that of other British schools both in Spain and in the United Kingdom.
- At the end of Year 11, students obtain the General Certificate of Secondary Education according to the British Educational System, and the title of Graduate in Compulsory Secondary Education (ESO) issued by the Spanish educational authorities.
- The official exams for obtaining the GCE (General Certificate of Education) “A” Levels focus on the academic preparation of the two Sixth Form courses, Year 12 and Year 13. Students from foreign systems recognized by the European Union (British System) have direct access to Universities in the UK and to the Spanish University, either directly or after taking the “Selectivo” exam.
- In general, the school presents its students to the Cambridge exams: First Certificate in English FCE (level B2), Certificate of Advanced English CAE (level C1) and Certificate of Proficiency in English CPE (level C2) at the levels of Sixth Form.
Report of official academic results BSA-BSX-BSG 2020 – 2021
Academic evaluation and continuous supervision
At British School Alzira – Xàtiva – Gandia we believe that continuous supervision and communication are two key elements for the success of our pedagogical system. For this reason, we make the following monitoring procedures available to parents: