On 25 January 2023, at 18:30h (Spanish peninsular time), the online round table “Perspectives on post-pandemic: impact on learning and socioemotional well-being” will take place.
The closure of educational centres was one of the first preventive measures to be adopted following the pandemic by COVID 19, with a major impact on all levels of education and with different consequences depending on the country and educational system.
The Basque Institute for Educational Evaluation and Research (ISEI-IVEI) has provided evaluation data in a study presenting the first estimates of learning loss due to the pandemic in Spain (mainly in the Basque Country).
The differences in learning loss by competencies are significant, and point to mathematics, together with the socio-emotional well-being of students, as the two dimensions to which education policies should pay attention in the future.
What effect did the closure of schools in 2020 have on learning? What social, economic and structural consequences were generated after the pandemic? Did it affect the entire educational community in the same way? Was socioemotional well-being the most damaged? How can the educational community deal with the new post-pandemic scenarios? What knowledge, skills or competences do teachers need to develop in order to deal with them adequately?
All these questions will be answered in this conference.
- Francisco Corbí. General Manager of the British School Alzira-Xativa-Gandia Group. Vice-president and Treasurer of NABSS (National Association of British Schools in Spain).
- Dr. Silvia Álava Sordo. Doctor in Clinical and Health Psychology. Lecturer and writer. Health and Educational Psychologist. University lecturer. Scientific disseminator.
- Valentín Martínez García. University Lecturer at VIU. Secondary Education Teacher.
- Dr. Jorge Martínez Pérez. Primary School Director in Castilla y León. Doctor in Education, teacher and researcher at the International University of Valencia (VIU).
- Dr. Ana Rodríguez. Vice-Dean of Undergraduate Studies of the Faculty of Education Sciences at VIU.
Registration to attend the virtual round table at: